The Stanley Bailey No4 50 x 245mm (9 3/4" x 2") Smoothing Bench Plane (12-004) offers precise control and an adjustable cutter for depth and alignment, which ensures a smooth timber surface every time in all kinds of wood.
Perfect for everyone from craftsmen to students, the Smoothing Bench Plane is forged from hardened, tempered steel with a durable grey cast iron base, precision-ground sides and bottom, and an epoxy coating that gives long-lasting protection.
- Suitable for all woods
- Gray, cast-iron base with precision-ground sides and bottom
- Durable epoxy coating provides long-lasting protection
- Hardened, tempered steel gives precision-ground cutter edge durability
- Fully machined and polished double-iron cutter and lever
- Frog seat is machined for precise mouth adjustment
- Cutter adjusts for depth and alignment, offering precise control
- Solid brass cutter-adjustment knob
- Quick-release cam lock makes iron removal easy
- Kidney-shaped hole in lever cap helps secure cutter in place
- Contoured, polished high-impact polymer handles and knobs
- Replacement Iron available