If you only have one plane, make it a No. 5 Jack plane. Why? The Jack plane can be set up to do almost any job.
The Bailey No. 5 Jack plane is perfect for rapid stock removal when preparing timber prior to finishing, and as a general purpose bench plane for truing and fine finishing.
- 50mm blade width
- Chrome carbon steel cutter hardened and tampered to retain a keen cutting edge
- Finger tip adjustment for depth of cut and cutter alignment
- Fully adjustable frog for all tasks and timber types
- General purpose bench plane for workshop, site or fine finishing
- Kidney shaped lever cap screw hole prevents accidental slippage of cutter
- Precision cast fine grey iron base for stability and wear resistance
- Professional fully adjustable metal plane
- Tight fitting spring steel cap iron for perfect shaving flow
- Virtually unbreakable polypropylene handle and knob shaped for comfort